The City of Canton’s 2014 Consumer Confidence Report can be found here.
Sump Pump Notice
Please note that sump pumps should not be discharged into the Sanitary Sewer (through the floor, laundry, or toilet drains). It should be pumped out to the yard or to the curb. This must be done to prevent overtaxing the sanitary sewer system & incurring additional costs. If discharge to the yard or curb is not done, house to house inspections will occur & fines assessed. Please call City Hall at 987-2881 with any questions. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Every 3 to 4 years, the City of Canton cleans the sewer mains – also known as “jetting”.
- Beginning after Memorial Day and continuing throughout the summer up to Labor Day, the City of Canton will be jetting the sewer mains.
- If you notice a strong smell in your house after city sewer mains have been cleaned, please run water in ALL drains.
Areas being worked on are as follows:
- Properties West of Dakota Street to the railroad tracks by the Canton Depot.
- Properties South of the High School to 13th
- Jetting of other areas will be done as needed if a problem is suspected.